Monday, October 19, 2020

DS Update: Wolfgang Puck Express Closes

You're familiar with the closure and partial demolition of the Wolfgang Puck Cafe building in Disney Springs West Side and its remodeling into Jaleo by Jose Andres'. You're familiar with the new construction and opening of their replacement restaurant Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill in Disney Springs Marketplace. Well Blog-reader Troy informed us of the permanent closing of Wolfgang Puck Express. What! I had to look on the Disney Springs map because I had never heard of the place and I checked the Blog archives and have no photos of it either. It was located in Disney Springs Marketplace at the extreme northeast end of the property near the former bus loop. Apparently with resort bus service relocated elsewhere, there was a sharp drop-off in pedestrian traffic in that area. 
Who knew?  Definitely not me!  Thanks Troy!

2 comments:

Troy said...

Amusingly enough, I ate there once back in 2013. There obviously weren't the dining options available around Disney Springs like there are today, and we were with both sets of in-laws (they'd come with us because we were actually announcing that my wife was pregnant with our second kid that night). Most of the restaurants were booked, but the one place we could get in was Wolfgang Puck Express. Edible food, nothing to write home about, but it'll always have a place in my heart just because of that's the night we announced we were having another kid.

At Wolfgang Puck Express.

KingBob said...

Thanks, Troy. I looked at the photo you sent and don't recognize the place. I don't recall ever being in that section of Downtown Disney, apparently! (I never used the bus service.)