Saturday, February 2, 2019

Club Reports: Hakkasan, XS (Las Vegas)

Las Vegas for the weekend!
Beginning my Friday night at Hakkasan Nightclub located in the MGM Grand.

 Arrived to find this!
Arrived to find DJ Mondo (USA) in the booth. Mondo is originally from Tampa!
Even though it was only an hour after opening, the dance floor was already packed!
The peeps want EDM!
Very cool lighting effects at Hakkasan!
DJ Jeff Retro (USA) took over next.  Jeff Retro is originally from Orlando!
Hakkasan is a 5-story venue that opened in 2013, replacing the MGM's prior nightclub, Studio 54.
Great music kept the dance floor packed.
DJ Party Favor (USA) would be coming up later but I needed to be moving on.
Continuing my Friday night at XS Nightclub located in the Encore Resort.
Arrived to find this!
Arrived to find (unknown) DJ in the booth.
And then there they were!
The Chainsmokers (USA).
Packed like sardines!
I somehow worked my way to near the front and this was the view behind me.
XS has this "spraydown" blast that is much stronger and colder than Mannequins ever was!
The Chainsmokers became notable in 2014 with their hit "Selfie".
Last night they would play subsequent hits such as "Don't Let Me Down" and "Closer".
Nearly an hour after arriving, I noticed those clouds moving across the sky in the background. Only then did I realize that while I was inside, the DJ booth at XS was outside!
You can never go wrong with Go Go girls!
I've seen The Chainsmokers twice in Orlando, once at CFE Arena in early 2016 as seen here and again at House of Blues in late 2016 as seen here.
They currently have an exclusive club residency here at XS.

A good time was had by all!

No comments: