Saturday, May 23, 2020

PI Update: Checking Out The Clubs Of Pleasure Island

Let's cross this bridge one more time to beautiful Pleasure Island. With everything reopening, we needed to check out the status of the Pleasure Island clubs!
Mannequins was looking splendid in the afternoon sun. However, it has not reopened yet and the revolving dance floor remains idled.
8TRAX is still there but it too has not reopened. I sure could use some 70's Disco and 80's Funk.
I know club Motion is back there somewhere but I never could find it.
Rock'n'Roll Beach Club was one of the first clubs demolished so it ain't reopening.
Adventurers Club is still mostly there but it remains shuttered. Where's the Colonel?
At West End Plaza, BET Soundstage Club looks a bit different than I remember it but it was not open anyway to check it out.
Ditto for Comedy Warehouse. Oh well, I'm sure the clubs will reopen soon!

No comments: