Saturday, July 11, 2020

PI Update: Remembering RRBC

The least amount of time I spent in any Pleasure Island club was Comedy Warehouse where I spent 0 time. Not that I didn't like comedy but there was always a wait to get into the next show and I felt I would be missing something somewhere else. In second place though was Rock'N'Roll Beach Club. I'd walk through the place many-a-weekend night but I never stayed. I was not into Rock band music and during my visits, it was rarely very crowded.
RRBC opened with the other clubs on Pleasure Island as XZFR Rockin' Rollerdrome, Disney's optimistic idea that patrons on roller skates rolling along with their alcoholic concoctions was a great concept. It didn't take long until it morphed into the Beach Club in 1990. It was also the first club to be shuttered on February 2, 2008. We didn't know it at the time but come June the announcement would be made about all of the clubs being closed.  

No comments: