Friday, March 11, 2016

Club Report: Dexter's (Lake Mary)

I knew going in that it had been awhile since I'd covered Dexter's in Lake Mary/Heathrow.
But when I commented to DJ Michael Knight that I thought he had moved away to Nebraska and he told me he'd been back for 2-1/2 years, I knew it really had been a long time!
It hasn't changed though.  Thursday nights are still mostly Top 40 / Oldies hits such as "This Is How We Do It", "Raise Your Glass" & the "Cha Cha slide".
And guys, the age 40+ divorcees still hang out here along with the business crowd staying in nearby hotels such as the Westin and Marriott.
Dance floor getting pretty packed for Bruno Mars!
Friday and Saturday nights at Dexter's are live bands; DJ's are only on Thursdays!
Other venues in the same complex as Dexter's include World of Beer where Michael Knight spins 3 nights per week!
Graffiti Junktion has DJ's on weekend nights.
No DJ's at Corona Cigar Company, but they do have cigars.
Already an institution around Orlando, Liam Fitzpatrick's is there as well!
Meanwhile back at Dexter's, a good time was had by all!

No comments: