Thursday, May 9, 2019

Concert Report: Rüfüs Du Sol (Hard Rock Live)

I don't get out much on Wednesday nights but this event had been long on my list to check out so here I was at Hard Rock Live at Universal CityWalk.
Like the main act that would be playing later, the opening act was also an electronic music trio. Qvist (D)
In my view there are DJ fans and there are band fans and never shall the two meet, lol. But these "bands" that play electronic music really blur the lines so I've tried to remain open to them. Seeing electronic band Odezsa (USA) last year really blew me away!
Qvist had a one hour time slot last night but their equipment kept cutting out. Apparently they figured out that it was them and not Hard Rock so they quit about 10 minutes early.
That left a 40 minute intermission as the set was prepared for the main act.
And then promptly at 9:30PM, there they were!  Rüfüs Du Sol (AUS)
I don't know their music so people had to tell me the names of songs being played. "Trust You Better" early in the program.
The gathered crowd was singing along to all their tracks.  "You Were Right" sounded somewhat familiar to me.
The only song I definitely recognized was the brilliant "Innerbloom". "If you want me, if you need me, I'm yours!"
About 2,500 fans in the house!
Spotted in VIP: Kelli and Christa
Well, I didn't like them as much as I did Odesza last May but it wasn't bad and held my interest until the end.
A good time was had by all.
On the way back to the parking garage I dropped by The Groove for a few minutes.
Wednesday night resident DJ Rincon (USA) in the booth playing Classic Dance hit "Rhythm of the Night" as I came through!
Just a handful on the dance floor at this early hour on a Wednesday night. A reminder DJ Rincon leads the Thursday night return of "Rewind" tonight at House of Blues in Disney Springs ft. music of the 80's, 90's & 00's!

No comments: