Sunday, May 26, 2019

Club Reports: Room 22, Independent Bar, Aero Bar, Jungle Room, The Patio

Room 22 is a new club along Orange Avenue located where Vintage used to operate.
There's a new DJ booth at the back of the club where we found DJ Freefall (USA) playing.
The place was absolutely jammed, even at this early hour!
And people were dancing all over the place. And they have stripper poles!
The venue is very Coyote Ugly-like with many antics taking place throughout the night. See that jug being poured?
If these three could consume it all within 30 seconds, there were free shots for everyone in the club. And they did! And there were!
The music is primarily Hip Hop and Top 40 but I think I heard some David Guetta in there somewhere!
Like Coyote Ugly, the girls dance on the bar!
You can never go wrong with Go Go girls.
Interesting place and deserves a visit during your next trip downtown.
Of course if it's at all possible on a Saturday night, I'm going to try to visit Independent Bar.
DJ KC Cuts (USA) was in the perch as Lighting Tech Ernie worked his magic.
The Saturday night format is 80's New Wave.
And the dance floor is a magical place to escape from your problems.
Spotted on the dance floor: Will & Andrea
Didn't get super-crowded last night during my visit.
But a couple of the Spice Girls (GB) were there!
Now up to the rooftop for another one of my favorites: Aero Bar.
DJ Cliff T (USA) playing House!
Had to switch to my camera phone at this point due to lens issues on my regular camera. All I can say is the dance floor was packed beyond belief!
The peeps want House music!
DJ Dominic Morrison (USA) taking over a bit later.
The music is more EDM on Friday nights and more House on Saturday nights. And next Saturday night they have a special show with DJ Landis (USA) coming in to play. Admission is FREE!
Downstairs from Aero you'll find the Jungle Room.
DJ Dan-e Crane (USA) & DJ Rock Johnson (USA) were taking turns playing Hip Hop.
The room is dark, the room is packed, the room is smoky. But everyone is having a good time!
When a nightclub makes an outlandish claim such as The Patio does that "there's always a party" there, we are forced to investigate the matter.
So I snuck in the back door, hoping not to be noticed. But I was hearing my name being called on their PA system and began wondering if surveillance had been installed. I turned around and there was resident DJ Parry (USA) broadcasting from the damn roof!
I had been spotted!  But the place was packed too!
The music is mostly Top 40 although I was told an hour EDM set had just been completed before I came in. Sure it was.
There's a special Sunday night edition of their weekend party tonight.
I guess there really is always a party at The Patio. A good time was had by all.

No comments: