Sunday, January 6, 2019

Club Report: Galaxy Lounge (MSC Preziosa)

Because any day at sea is better than a day at the office, it was time to take a cruise. No boring journey to the Bahamas this time. Visiting the deep southern Caribbean, I'm on MSC Preziosa this time sailing from Fort-de-France, Martinique. The ship's main club is called Galaxy Lounge.
DJ Janaina (BR) was running the show.  It really shouldn't amaze me, but it still amazes me that no matter where you go in the world, the dance music is all American Top 40.
The club opened at 11:30PM and literally no one was there. That was not totally unexpected though as this sailing is 90% Europeans from France, Germany and Italy and they had long travel days yesterday to get to Martinique. On the tarmac when I landed were Air France and XL Airways flights from Paris while two Condor flights from Frankfurt landed behind me.
Small contingent dancing to back-to-back Calvin Harris and Tiësto songs! For me, the midnight buffet was calling me so I didn't stick around. Hopefully activity picks-up later in the cruise!

No comments: