Wednesday, June 8, 2016

PI Update: Mannequins Autograph Wall

Promo Only and Pioneer DJ Equipment had an open house and dinner for Orlando club DJ's this past Monday night.  DJ Icey (USA) shared with Save Pleasure Island Blog this photo of former Mannequins DJ Pete Werner showing off a piece of the DJ autograph wall that used to be inside the caged booth at Mannequins.  Werner, who went on to help form Promo Only, keeps the autograph wall at Promo Only offices in Sanford.  
As you probably know, Promo Only is the world's leading packager of music and music videos for DJ's, clubs & restaurants. If you're out somewhere and see a music video playing, there's a great chance you'll see the Promo Only label at the beginning and end of the song.   
I never knew about the autograph wall so this is a special treat. Big thanks to Icey for sharing!

7 comments:

Brian said...

OH yes I saw this inside I thought you knew about this?

Sorry I should have asked you.

zulemara said...

That's so cool!

Brian (via Facebook) said...

t got taken out when Mr. Warner was not DJ anymore.

KingBob said...

That explains why I never knew about it. I first began going to Mannequins during the Jim Fox Peapod era!

Jim Fox (via Facebook) said...

It actually got taken out in the rehab of the club in 2001, Pete's last year working there was in 1997. I'm so glad he got that wall, lots of big names past through that booth and signed it.

Tracy Lulu Brown (via Facebook) said...

I remember it.

Sammy Elgendy (via Facebook) said...

I was there the night Bono from U2 was in the booth and drew his hat and name then went to a packed dance floor to be bet the crowd while his song Mysterious Ways was playing,I got to meet him for a sec and shake his hand ,it was all while the band was in town for their concert in Lakeland I believe launching their tour.memories man .