Sunday, October 26, 2014

Club Reports: Independent Bar, The Beacham, Suite B Lounge

Saturday night in the city and with a lot of people attending the UCF football game, downtown wasn't particularly crowded.  But as it often does, our Saturday night began at Independent Bar.
Back in the saddle, DJ Indie John.
Not as packed as it can be, the dance floor was certainly not empty!
The Saturday night format is early to mid 80's New Wave.
The crowd here is always quite interesting to watch while enjoying a frosty cold beverage!
Hadn't dropped by The Beacham in awhile, the home to Hip Hop on Friday & Saturday nights!
DJ D-Strong (The Groove) was in the booth when I first arrived.
The dance floor lacked many participants at this point.
But it would quickly get more interesting!
DJ Richie Rich (House of Blues) taking over around midnight.
Richie Rich goes EDM though tonight at the famous House of Blues Service Industry Night in Lake Buena Vista.  Meanwhile, The Beacham goes EDM this coming Wednesday night for Dutch DJ Fedde Le Grand!
Spotted: MC Viva La Koi (104.5 The Beat Radio)
By now the place had gotten pretty crowded!
Ended the night at favorite Suite B Lounge, the downtown home of Breakbeats!
One half of DJ duo Beat Mavericks was in the booth.
Playing the expected Breaks and some Old Skool including a lot of it off vinyl!
Nice-sized crowd in club!
The dance floor stayed populated!
Spotted: Florida's kings of Breakbeats, Scotty Fraser (Funky Flavor) & Glyn S. Morgan (Future Sound of Breaks).
A good time was had by all!


Anonymous said...

Regarding Suite B, could you tell if the people there were in attendance specifically to see one of the Djs or they were just there regardless of who was performing?

KingBob said...

I think around 75% were there because of the DJ's that were playing, invited via Facebook. The other 25% were either regulars or people wandering by who heard the music.