Sunday, May 22, 2011

Club Reports: Zen Exotic Lounge, Bliss Ultra Lounge, Independent Bar

There's only so much new ground one can cover in Orlando. Thus, it was a Saturday night with no new ground covered. Repeat visit instead to the new Zen Exotic Lounge to hear DJ Blaze cranking out awesome House and Dance with just a smidgen of danceable Hip Hop.
The sound system is just awesome and the lighting effects are top notch as well.
My bartender told me the place starts to fill up around 11:30pm so I stuck around to verify that claim. And indeed, people did begin to arrive around that time. Some stayed and were dancing.
Drinks are reasonably priced too. The club's promotion company needs to get to work though!
The promotion company working for Bliss Ultra Lounge is definitely doing its job on Saturday nights. The best music in Orlando can be found here being spun out by DJ Mickey Bono (Beat Thrillerz, K5, RadioDanz, Florida Beat Radio, Party95.com) joined here by T.M. Edwards from Cypic Entertainment, DJ Ish (Bliss Flirtini Fridays) and lighting tech Dangerous Dave!
The dance floor was wall-to-wall.
No Hip Hop here as it's 98% House and Dance. The other 2% was a couple back-to-back Dubstep songs, an increasingly popular genre of dance music that is the subject of a future Blog article.
The view from the Bliss VIP area is always nice.
Like I said.
Then it was over to Independent Bar before they shut the doors. DJ Indie John (Barbarella) on the decks!
Saturday night is 80's New Wave/Old Wave with songs everyone recognizes and knows the words to. I-Bar was thoroughly jammed last night.
With MTV-style videos playing for nearly all of them.
Break-dancing was an added feature last night.
I come for the music but I stay for the crowd.

4 comments:

Dj Smooth said...

at Bliss, that was Dj Ish from Friday Nights and some promoter tied in with some deal going on at Boss May 22.

KingBob said...

Thanks for clarifying. It was so loud, I thought he said he was Bono's manager! As for DJ Ish, I did not know that as I've never gone in there on a Friday. I do need to check out Thursdays there.

Is it true you're playing at Trotters on Saturday nights?

Dj Smooth said...

The Trotters thing was 2009. That place is not even around anymore.

KingBob said...

Did not know they'd gone out of business.