Thursday, April 14, 2011

Club Reports: Amway Center, One80, I-Bar, Heat

Wednesday night in Orlando and a first visit inside the new Amway Center to watch the Orlando Magic NBA team totally trash the visiting Indiana Pacers!
VIP treatment from Orlando Magic management got me into the private area near the locker rooms where beer and wine drinks are free as is the all-you-can eat buffet featuring my favorite roast beef and potatoes! Thanks Magic!! Unfortunately, they can't get me in to see Lady Gaga! :-(
There are dozens of displays throughout the public areas as well so there's a lot to take in.
There's even a professional basketball game to watch inside the same building!
DJ John Campisano (Lattitudes, Red Coconut Club) was playing Chill up in the One80 Grey Goose Lounge but was increasing the beat to House as half-time neared. He correctly predicted that the place would be jammed by half time since the score was such a blow out.
Seemed to be more interest in partying than in the basketball game!
After the game it was over to Independent Bar to check out their Wednesday Necropolis Night featuring DJ Stefan. The music format is Industrial/Goth but the place was empty compared to what I've run into on Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights.
The crowd at I-Bar is always amazing!
Over at the new club Heat, Wednesday night is Latin Night featuring DJ Leony (Sirius/XM BPM, Radio Danz.com, Latin Quarter). Like his gig at LQ, the music is uptempo Latin with House sets thrown in from time-to-time.
The dance floor stayed crowded during my visit.
Never realized how many people go out on Wednesday nights! But not me again. My 6am alarm clock rang way too early this morning!

7 comments:

Bill said...

Never fear, Bob... I'll be proud to carry the savepleasureisland.com flag at the Gaga show tomorrow night! :)

zulemara said...

and I'll carry it in Tampa!

DamnMouse72 said...

And...after the Tampa show... Straight from the Forum to The Amphitheater! Lady Gaga, DJ Icey, and DJ X all in one night... I guess I'll be calling out sick on Sunday! PARTY WEEKEND!!!

KingBob said...

No Gaga for me this year but I'll be there to party with Icey!

Bill said...

Just back from Gaga, ended up right by the stage. Best show I've seen in ages... I'm now officially a Little Monster.

Anyone going to Ke$ha next week?

KingBob said...

Ke$ha is doing two shows at House of Blues however somehow I missed that she was even coming and they SOLD OUT a long time ago. I won't be attending. Thanks for the report from the Lady Gaga concert and congrats on becoming a little monster!

KingBob said...

Lady Gaga was apparently at WDW on Saturday between her Orlando and Tampa shows.