Thursday, January 28, 2010

PI Update



CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
When I left Chicago this morning it was 5°F. About three hours later I was standing in 73°F temperatures on sunny Pleasure Island! There's not a lot new on the island but since all of you feast on this stuff, this Blog reports even on the mundane. For instance, we previously reported on some new boards installed on the Waterfront Stage. Now nearly all of the boards have been replaced. We previously reported on the unique black paint on the new Mannequins side stairs. That has now been painted over with the standard issue rusty brown found on all the other railings around the island. Like I said, mundane. Just remember that you heard it here first! You can't get stuff like this from the Sentinel.

Sources continue to say that the Adventurers Club snack & beverage Cart is going to be enlarged and moved downhill....but my sources don't know when or where to. No further progress on the demolition of the old towers holding the Harley Davidson Store signs. They're going to remain until, sources say, the Harley store moves to the West Side where Mickey's Groove is currently located. Other source-based information: The Mannequins dance floor is supposedly still in the club. Also, the reason the RRBC facade was freshly painted where the sign used to hang was because Tom Staggs who took over for Jay Rusulo was to tour the island and they didn't want him to see the paint scrapes and gouges that had been left behind. OK, that's all for today!

10 comments:

zulemara said...

I hope someone gets some pics of the floor to prove it's still there and put to rest the ridiculous idea that they sold it to some club in the NE.

Anonymous said...

Man, I completely agree on that.

There's just way too many suckers out there that can't just get it.

In fact, I was arguing with my best friend octavious yesterday about this, and
they wouldn't believe me that he was wrong. Now I can just show them this blog :)

KingBob said...

I asked the person I spoke to yesterday whether he/she had access to Mannequins so that I could look for myself whether the dance floor was still there but unfortunately he/she did not. The person did not have first hand knowledge about the floor; had only heard that it was still there.

Joe said...

Yeah, it seems kinda absurd that Disney would sell a used wooden floor to another club. That thing is huge.
If they removed it, it would likely be destroyed. Then we'd see a dumpster nearby with demolition trash.

From what we've seen, the most that's happened in any of the clubs has been equipment removal, no actual interior demolition work has occurred.
Additionally, Disney would have permits for that type of work, and someone would have come across that.

A couple days ago, I saw some large bass speakers for sale at property control which were marked "Downtown Disney". Who knows where they actually came from, but we can assume it was one of the clubs. They were pretty dusty.

zulemara said...

yeah they have been selling off the mannequins sound system piece by piece. That could have been out of BET. They were so stupid. They could have pumped ADH up like crazy with that equipment.

Anonymous said...

you still don't get it Disney will sell anything if they can! I saw an old Disney monorail on eBay for sale once Disney could have just scraped it. who wants an old monorail and who can use it? MY point is that if someone wants the ticket booth (train ticket Booth) they would sell it same as the floor!
1st Anon you can't prove your right just because you read this blog. KingBob reports what he hears it maybe true it maybe false?he has said the same.
yes zulemara I hope so also I don't care if it there or not would just like ot know! and if it not there you are going to say it was ripped out and not sold correct?
it's funny that when people read something it MUST be true? not everthing you read it true!
tell me something Joe if someone came up to you and said they would pay you for an old TV that you don't use or that doesn't work and said they would pay you 1000.00 your telling me you would just trash it?

KingBob said...

The entire Blog is rumor-based so we only know what people tell us. I just wish they would do SOMETHING out there to show that construction of the bold new vision has finally begun!

Anonymous said...

Here here Bob! me too!!

Anonymous said...

I shall dub their efforts: Celebrate the Blight.

KingBob said...

"Celebrate the Blight" rhymes nicely with "Celebrate the Night". Love it!