Friday, July 8, 2016

Club Reports: George Street Bars (St. John's, NL)

Before returning to Orlando, couldn't miss out on the opportunity to check out George Street in St. John's, Newfoundland.  The short street supposedly has more bars and pubs per square meter than anywhere else in North America!
Began my night at The Rob Roy, the oldest bar in town!
DJ Code was on the stage playing 70's & 80's but also mostly American Country.
The 10PM crowd was concentrated by the bar.
The 11PM crowd, fueled by $1.75 drinks, the dance floor grew a crowd!  But since I like Country even less than I like Hip Hop, it was time to be moving on.
And over to Dusk Ultra Lounge I went.
My bartendress told me this was DJ Blurr but I can't confirm.
Really beautiful club with a dance floor that would quickly pick-up as midnight approached.
The music was kind of all over the place with EDM, Top 40, Hip Hop played consecutively.
The people liked it though and the dance floor was jammed!
Among the options outside along George Street, all side-by-side, are Kelly's Pub.
Birdie Molloy's.
Fat Cat's.
Lottie's Place.
Karoke Kops.
And Levels Nightclub.  There are many more venues along George Street which has been described as "like Disneyland for drunk people!"
Meanwhile back in Dusk, a good time was being had by all!

No comments: