Monday, April 8, 2013

PI Update: Carpe' PM

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE  Back during Disney's last major advertising campaign for Pleasure Island in the early 2000's, the Downtown Disney brochure had a 2-page spread about PI that featured their advertising slogan "carpe' p.m. - seize the night". Those were the days before the Island was ungated and a cover charge (or Park Hopper Plus ticket) was needed to enter at night. It's in this brochure that Mannequins is mentioned as voted #1 dace club in the United States."  Not sure where this vote took place and was published but I certainly support the idea that it was.  Those were the days!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen its like, and suspect I never will again.

Anonymous said...

I remember being dragged to other venues like Pointe Orlando, City Walk, Church Street, etc. and wishing I had just gone to PI instead. Sometimes I would leave my friends and head over there by myself. Ahhhhhhh, that feeling when you walked over the bridge...

Brian said...

one time I suggested to one of the Mannequins managers that they should forward my suggestion to Disney to advertise more and he told me Disney NEVER advertises for PI! HMM funny I saw billboards that said Carpe PM!!!

KingBob said...

The only advertising I recall after 2002 was their offer to locals that if you bought (and I'm guessing the details here)a 4 month PI pass, you'd get another 2 months free. Or something like that. This was around 2005 or 2006.

Brian said...

I never heard of that? I remember get in free Friday nights.

or should I say pass holders could bring a guest for free on Friday nights.

when it first started the first Friday night they would open a club early (6PM) have free food. oh and you had to be there before 9PM to get in. then changed to all night because people would show up 30 to 45 minutes late and claim they could not find a spot to park and was in the lot before 9pm

KingBob said...

Yeah, the did that. Anyone with an existing PI annual pass was able to get the extra months added-on to their AP for no extra charge.