Monday, January 3, 2011

Blog Mission Statement and Disclaimer

©2010 Jeff - Gainesville
As we begin 2011, it's time for my twice-annual Blog Mission Statement and Disclaimer:
The original goal of the Save Pleasure Island Blog was to rally support to reverse the decision to close Pleasure Island. There were Save Pleasure Island and Save The Adventurers Club petitions and letter/e-mail campaigns. Unfortunately, all that fell on deaf Mouse ears.

The current mission is to keep you informed about what is happening with the clubs on our beloved island as it converts to Hyperion Wharf. Factual information is provided when available but most of what is printed on here is rumor-based. Please understand that rumors by their very nature are very unreliable. Even if a rumor was true, it's possible that things change and it never becomes true. Thus, readers should consider the information on this Blog to be fiction and opinion and not rely on any of it in any way.

With PI closing so many people kept asking me where I would be hanging out that this Blog also evolved into reporting on nightclub alternatives and big DJ concerts. Permanent club listings in a format based on the PI clubs can also be viewed at sister Blog www.orlandoclublist.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are some who post on here that NEED to read and understand "Please understand that rumors by their very nature are very unreliable. Even if a rumor was true, it's possible that things change and it never becomes true. Thus, readers should consider the information on this Blog to be fiction and opinion and not rely on any of it in any way."
because of some like to make a statement and want us to rely on there statement only and seam to be very unhappy when we don't/when we make there statement that goes against there "way"
I hope that this year we will not have the same old arguments/disagreements.
thanks for your time!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's the year 2011 it's still pretty pathetic, that PI still remains dark and dismal.
When that place was rockin and Night clubs were swingin.
With it being the new year let it rock again, so people can party.
P.S.
Hopefully Hyperion Hwarf will reopen Mannequines & 8Trax and other night club places to party. "Adult Entertainment".

zulemara said...

thanks for giving me a reason to take a picture of every cut wire or painted rooftop on PI.

INFO said...

"thanks for giving me a reason to take a picture of every cut wire or painted rooftop on PI."
please explain?

Anonymous said...

my sources say that demo was stopped and pleasure island will reopen next week just the way it was 5 years ago

Anonymous said...

I'll believe it when I see it!

Anonymous said...

"my sources say that demo was stopped and pleasure island will reopen next week just the way it was 5 years ago"
ok now your going to tick off Zulemara! on that one! LOL

Anonymous said...

What Source??
I would have to agree with Zulemara.
Boy that's a big dream considering that no one has heard anything about PI opening up.
Last thing I heard it was going to be Hyperion Wharf, so who decided it was going to be turned back to PI, I would to know.

Anonymous said...

Anon 1005
I think he was messing with everyone oh wait I have to figure he IS messing with us!
and also remember rumors! that is what this BLOG is mostly about some truth but remember what KingBob said!

Anonymous said...

fbqesf

Anonymous said...

I think you have a great page here… today was my first time coming here.. I just happened to find it doing a google search. anyway, good post.. I’ll be bookmarking this page for sure.