Wednesday, August 11, 2010

PI Update: Dancing Returns to Pleasure Island!

It was the middle of the week and I needed some entertainment. So I thought, what better place to get entertained than beautiful Pleasure Island.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
I was kind of hoping to see the Andre Caram Band out there tonight....or parts of the band anyway. But I got two singers instead; one singing soft rock songs such as Hotel California and the other playing some kind of Australian wind instrument. Decent crowd watching, taking advantage of the new lounge furniture while the living statues performed over in front of Soundstage.

Laffers Cantina was doing a brisk business and inside was a nice surprise. It seems that I usually spot John (Mannequins) or Amy (8TRAX) working there but this time Jennifer (8TRAX) was tending the bar. Had not seen her out there since the Pleasure Island Reunion last September. Inside Motion I spotted two CM's moving things about, apparently getting ready for another banquet event.

New to the Island is this magician, occupying space between RRBC and Sosa Cigars. What I did not know when I snapped the upper left photo was I caught him at the very moment he was snatching the boy's wristwatch of his arm. It was not until the end of the routine a few minutes later that he revealed that he not only had the boy's watch, but the boy's father's wallet!

Meanwhile, while I did not get to witness it tonight, dancing has returned to Pleasure Island! See the video above, taken last week and provided to the Blog by one of our loyal readers. I do find it ironic that the singer from Nova Era is singing Bad Girls, a song that is hardly family-friendly. But if PI is headed back to the adults, we can handle it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

far from what it WAS, still nothing that makes me want to take a nap and make a night of it

Anonymous said...

I think it's a step in the right direction, also as for the magician what are you saying?
Are you saying he could've been pulling more than just slight of hand?
As for the ending statment hopefully PI is slowly getting back to where adults can dance and party.
P.S.
Lets still hope that they reopen some clubs.

KingBob said...

Regarding the magician, I was only commenting about how good he was.

Anonymous said...

Seeing reports of some artifacts being placed back on the walls of the Adventurers Club? You hearing anything about this Bob? Seems a bit odd to be putting things back in the club if its going to be torn down.

KingBob said...

Have not heard that anything has been placed BACK into AC. I have not peered inside lately but the last time I had looked, not everything had been removed. For instance, I recall the yakoose was still on the wall. Perhaps people are just seeing the same items that had never been removed. I'll inquire.

Anonymous said...

Master Gracey was talking about it on WDWMagic forum. Evedently scaffolding went up and some things were put back on the wall, then the scaffolding came down.

KingBob said...

WOW! My rumor sources all have AC reopening in a couple years elsewhere, never reopening at Pleasure Island. I'll see what I can find out.

KingBob said...

I read the posting from Master Gracey. Unless there is going to be some kind of rental event again, makes no sense to return things. Very, very strange!

Anonymous said...

just left pi and a huge truck load of mothballs was being unloaded

KingBob said...

Our younger readers may not know what mothballs are.