Sunday, June 9, 2019

Club Reports: Independent Bar, Sportsclub At Celine, Celine

You know if it's at all possible, I'm going to begin my Saturday night at I-Bar!
DJ KC Cuts (USA) was in the booth last night.
Delivering the 80's!
He had the dance floor packed early-on!
Playing those songs that everyone knows the words to!
Spotted in the booth: Lighting Tech Ernie with Blog-favorite CJ.
Putting on the very first video ever played on MTV when it launched in 1981, "Video Killed The Radio Star".
Always fun times at I-Bar!
Well no sooner had Peek Downtown (formerly Suite B Lounge) closed, it reopened as Sports Club at Celine.
The booth and curtains looked familiar, the scoreboard above did not. DJ Horny Dave (USA) playing Hip Hop during my visit.
The dance floor looked familiar, the lack of dancers did not.
The bar looked familiar, the television monitors playing sports above it did not.
I had heard that the adjacent mega-club Celine was taking over the space. Apparently it only took one week to convert it.
I'm told during bigger sporting events the sound on the televisions will be turned-up without a DJ playing. Come check out your old home!
You can now cross directly into Celine via the "bathroom alley" from Peek Downtown Sportsclub at Celine.
Rain cancelled the DJ Chino (USA) rooftop dance party so he was on the mainstage with DJ duo Sheen Boogie (USA).
Playing a lot of EDM, yes!
Of course we know DJ Chino as the Friday night resident DJ at The Groove in CityWalk.
The crowd gathering primarily for headliner DJ Anna Lunoe (AUS). I had seen Anna previously at EDC-Chicago in 2013 so I was looking forward to a repeat!
But 12:30AM passed and 1:00AM passed and no Anna. Someone told me that she had been in some kind of accident and would be delayed.
Lots of Melbourne Shuffle going on though.
So I don't know if she ever appeared because I decided to call it a night. Oh well. Not sure if a good time was had by all.....or not. EDITORS NOTE: Anna did cancel.

No comments: