Tuesday, April 30, 2019

PI Update: Visiting The Clubs

After living in exile for more than a decade, it was great to return to beautiful Pleasure Island to check out the clubs I left behind!
BET Soundstage looked a bit different than I remembered it but I can't wait to check out the music tonight!
But Adventurers Club was exactly as my memory served it with that large front entrance and tower!
Comedy Warehouse is still located on that hill overlooking the lower section of Pleasure Island.
There are some stores now in front of 8TRAX but I still see the club building back there.
Now here's a change. Rock'n'Roll Beach Club is much smaller now!
But down at the end of Hill Street I could see club Motion between the trees!
Looks like Mannequins has added a glass entryway since my lat visit but otherwise looks about the same. It's great to be back from exile. Been gone a decade but Pleasure Island is largely untouched.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny and sad at the same time!

Troy said...

This is amusing, but is similar to my real life experience. My last visit to Pleasure Island was early 2008, before the announcement, and due to some life changes (kids, etc.), we didn't go back to Disney until mid 2013.

Imagine my shock walking back onto Pleasure Island that night...