Friday, September 28, 2018

NHL Hockey Night In Orlando

All 5 major league sports are represented along the I-4 corridor of Central Florida. Two sports are based in Orlando; NBA Basketball (Orlando Magic) and MLS Soccer (Orlando City Lions). The other three major league sports are based in the Tampa Bay area; Major League Baseball (Tampa Bay Rays), NFL Football (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and NHL Hockey (Tampa Bay Lightning).
So when the NHL brought a pre-season game to Amway Center in Orlando, I jumped at the chance to watch a game close-up!
And it was even more exciting because I was invited into one of those skybox suites! So this is how the other half lives!
The Lightning brought their team stadium announcer with them from Amalie Arena in Tampa. But I could not tell if they brought their DJ with them too because about 75% of the music was EDM! I'm hoping that was the Orlando Magic's DJ playing because I'd go to more games with that kind of music!
You can never go wrong with Go Go Cheerleader girls!
The Lightning won 6-2 before nearly 11,000 hockey fans and a good time was had by all!

No comments: