Thursday, August 30, 2018

CW Update: Techno Night Replaced By Hot Dogs!

This is the Lily Pad at Universal CityWalk. Like the Lily Pad in Downtown Disney, it was a focal point for music.
But now it's part of the outdoor restaurant Hot Dog Hall of Fame and no longer can be used for music.
But we remember that on the Sunday night of Labor Day weekend through 2013, it was home to CityWalk's "Labor Day Celebration"!  Or as I liked to call it, "CityWalk Techno Night"! Because on that one night every year, you could come to CityWalk and enter a fenced-in area dedicated to Electronic Dance Music genres.
No one came looking for Hip Hop and it always drew a good crowd. Sadly, the conversion of the area to the hot dog restaurant necessitated the ending of this annual event.
Over the years, some of the DJ's playing sets there included Scotty B.
DJ Nova

 Chad Andrew
DJ Netics
Jay Mac
X-Andy
And for the final show in 2013, DJ Baby Anne!
It's hard to believe its been 5 years already and I really miss it. And as I recall from back then, a good time was had by all!

6 comments:

DJMadManRay said...

Damn, I miss this. Was always a great time! Damn hotdogs..lol!

KingBob said...

Right?
(Photo credit to you for that last photo in the article!)

DJMadManRay said...

That's right..I forgot. And thanks to you for being in it (it is that picture, right?)

DJMadManRay said...

Just looked at it again. And yes, it is! Lol

Anonymous said...

WTF....come on shitywalk. I guess it's lost some Electricity... I'm so glad I never go here anymore.
What's next....closure of the groove? A nightclub designed in the 1980's.
Flash and trash if you know what I mean.

KingBob said...

Anon, my sources say there are no plans to close The Groove. And while it remains a club designed in the 80's, the stage, lighting, fog, lasers, etc are all top notch. And it's a cash cow.