Monday, July 2, 2018

Bar Reports: Pub Crawl (Key West)

As one of America's leading "party" cities, Key West is famous for having at least 360 bars within its 2 mile by 4 mile area. So when it came to deciding how I would spend my time as a tourist here, one thought immediately came to mind: Pub Crawl!
One flat fee included transportation from the port into town, a guide, a drink at each stop and even a Key West t-shirt!  First stop was Tiki House.
Arrived to Disney's "Tiki Room" song playing throughout the venue!
Part of my entourage.  I began with my standard gin & tonic.
Second stop was Tree Bar.
I think it's named for this tree.
On the tour you can pick any well drink or certain beers or the house drink specialty. At Tree Bar they had a wonderful rum-based fruit drink that was like sipping Hawaiian Punch!
A nice shady courtyard offered a respite on this grueling pub crawl!
The third stop Flying Monkeys was my absolute favorite.  It wasn't the ambiance.
It was these slurpee machines!
In particular, this one!
No one mixes chocolate with alcohol!  Well they do at Flying Monkeys and it's amazing!
Our fourth stop was Hard Rock Cafe - Key West.  I didn't even know Key West had a Hard Rock!
The restaurant is in the restored mansion while the bar is outside here.
 The specialty here is the Category 5 Hurricane drink but I wasn't feeling it.  I took my drink coupon back to Flying Monkeys and had another Chocohol, lol.
Last stop on the crawl was Rick's.
With 4 drinks consumed, I had to say "no" here since I needed to remember how to get back to the ship!
Most cruise lines offer the Pub Crawl but if you're coming to Key West on your own via air or land, you can also participate in one here.  For me, 5 down and 355 more to go!
Our tour guide Nancy is seen here supervising the "Sucking Conch" event.  Highly recommend this and try to get Nancy as your guide.  A good time was had by all!

No comments: