Saturday, June 9, 2018

Club Reports: Omnia Nightclub, Omnia Terrace (Las Vegas)

Friday night.....Las Vegas.....Omnia Nightclub!
Thanks to a ground hold at MCO due to thunderstorms, did not arrive into Vegas until nearly midnight. So I was hardly the first one in the club! This is what I walked into!
But never too shy to walk my way onto a dance floor, I was able to get pretty close! And there he was, DJ Calvin Harris (Scotland).
First time seeing Calvin Harris live.  He played at the first Electric Daisy Carnival - Orlando in 2011 but I had never heard of him so I stayed at the main stage to see Benny Benassi (I).
I was down in the middle of it!
Omnia has this famous UFO-like thing that drops from the ceiling from time-to-time!
The lasers were in full-effect too!
Packed to the rafters!
He played his full-array of EDM hits!
Some Scotland girls next to me down on the floor, proud of their home boy!
In a town full of excellent dance clubs, Omnia is the best.  I'll try to come earlier next time!
Now up the stairs to the rooftop at Omnia Terrace!
Where I found Fergie DJ (Northern Ireland) on the decks playing House!
Considerably less-crazy up here, lol!
Admission to Omnia is required to come up here too.
Spotted by the booth: DJ Mondo (USA) & DJ Tone (USA). Both from Tampa, we know them from their prior performances at The Groove in Universal CityWalk! I last saw Mondo on Labor Day weekend when he opened for Tiƫsto at Hakkasan in the MGM Grand.
EDM downstairs, House upstairs! Doesn't get much better than that!
The venue overlooks Las Vegas' famed Strip so it's actually pretty amazing!
One last trip down to the main dance floor where Calvin Harris had ended and DJ Jeff Retro (USA) had taken over! A lot of Central Florida DJ's have successful residencies in Vegas because they know where it's at! Jeff Retro is from Orlando!
Great night in Sin City and a good time was had by all!

No comments: