Thursday, May 24, 2018

Missing Me Some Nadia Ali!


Came across this Avicii remix of Nadia Ali (USA) hit "Rapture" and it made me realize how long it's been since I've seen her perform!  There are no tour dates on her website and I'm hoping she hasn't retired from touring. The "Rapture" original was back in 2001 when she was part of duo iiO.  The original was a staple on 95.3Party back in the day.
The first time I saw Nadia Ali live was in 2011 at Koolhaus in Toronto when she performed live vocals with DJ duo Sultan & Ned Shepard (CDN), opening for David Guetta (F).

 She looked absolutely stunning when she appeared in 2012 at Roxy Nightclub, performing her hits.

Pictured here in her $1500 Louboutins.  While I've seen Sultan & Ned Shepard several times in the six years since then, I've not encountered Nadia. Hope she'll return to O-town soon!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seen her a many times and miss her too. My best friend is prominently displayed in your last two pics!!!