Thursday, October 19, 2017

Club Report: Altitude Sky Lounge (San Diego)

Really didn't have any reason to come to San Diego but Frontier Airlines having an $18 each way airfare was all I needed to say "Cali-forney is the place I ought to be!" And of course if you're in the S.D., you got to check out Altitude Sky Lounge located atop the 22nd floor of the Marriott Gaslamp District Hotel.
I was actually a bit disappointed with the place. There was a good crowd on hand but only two bartenders which made getting drinks too time-consuming. I saw a number of people in line turn around and leave the bar. No DJ up here, at least on a Wednesday night, and 50's was being played in the background.  Yes, 50's.
But really up here, it's all about the views such as this one of downtown San Diego.
Or on the other side, this great view of Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres. On a game night you could definitely view some of it from Altitude.
San Diego's "Gaslamp District" is also the restaurant, bar & club district for the city and even on a Wednesday night there were quite a few people milling about. The city's famed dance clubs such as Omnia were not open last night so I didn't see any DJ's anywhere. There were a lot of homeless in the district which was a bit surprising yet I never saw a single police officer anywhere.  I bet the area is crazy on weekend nights!  Nonetheless, for a Wednesday night, a good time was had by all. 

2 comments:

zulemara said...

omg Bob! My friends live RIGHT THERE, same view of the field but I think from the other side.
Yes, lots of homeless, the police just do their best to tolerate it. I stayed there for almost a week in June, July, and August and had the same experience each time.

KingBob said...

Thommy: If I was going to be homeless, this would be a good place to live. Great weather year-round & California's generous welfare benefits.