Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Excited For Die Antwoord

There are DJ fans and there are Band fans but they're often not one and the same. Ever since I discovered electronic music, I've not followed bands. While I did attend the Rolling Stones concert in 2015 during their Orlando visit, there is only 1 band I've been wanting to see that that's Die Antwoord (ZA).  My friend Art attended Die Antwoord's concert at The Beacham in October, 2012 but I missed them and they've never returned! But my travels took me to Salt Lake City this week and when I looked whether there was anything going on, I discovered Die Antwoord was playing at Saltair! So if all goes well, I will be attending tonight!

 Die Antwoord at The Beacham in 2012. Photo Credit: Art Paulk

If you're not familiar with their Zef style of music, check out these three videos. Don't give up, see them through! Yolandi, I'm on my way!

^ Perhaps the song that brought them to fame.


^ A mixture of English & Afrikaans, the focus is on Yolandi!


^ Produced around the time of their feud with Lady Gaga.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the videos, hope they make it back to Florida to see them.

KingBob said...

Yes, 2012 is a LONG time ago!

Anonymous said...

Hmm...that's different..