Tuesday, May 16, 2017

RIP Gilberto!

It has recently been brought to my attention that my best Mannequins friend Gilberto (pictured far right) has passed away.  He was someone I got to know during the final two years or so of Pleasure Island and we would hang-out together at Mannequins, 8TRAX and occasionally Motion.
In the post-PI era, we discovered CityWalk together. He would introduce me to the various Latin genres of music played at CW's Latin Quarter, home to some of the hottest girls in Orlando! He also introduced me to Independent Bar downtown, a place I still frequent.
Sadly, I last heard from him in early November via text when he planned a visit to I-Bar but my schedule had me at Electric Daisy Carnival. We never did meet up that one more time!  :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear. Even though I did not know him, we were all still one family on the Island. RIP Gilberto!

Brian said...

I am sorry to hear this BOB I knew him as well. I met him through a friend.

I will let her know as well :(