Sunday, February 19, 2017

Concert Report: Bass & Babes (Kill Your Idol - Miami Beach)

When I heard that "Breaks Yo" was going to have an all-female DJ lineup this month, I knew where I was going to spend my Saturday night!  First time ever visit to Kill Your Idol.
The narrow but deep venue is an eclectic collection of junk!
With cool stuff like this!
Arrived to find DJ Lady T (USA) in the booth.
People were dancing all about the place!
And of course the music for "Breaks Yo" was......Breaks!
Lady T would tag team her set with.....


DJ Medley (USA)

Action on the dance floor picked up!
The beats had everyone in the club moving!
As Medley sped up the BPM's!
Spotted on the dance floor: The creator of "Breaks Yo", DJ Bebe (USA).
Spotted in VIP: DJ Nikita (USA) of DJ duo Phat Kidz.
Spotted by the bar: DJ Icon who would come on at 1:30AM.
Finally, DJ Nikita taking over!
Playing quite a few classic Breaks songs such as "It's A Fine Day"!
Which the crowd went crazy for!
More junk, lol!
First time seeing Nikita play since last March!
You can never go wrong with Go Go girls!
Like I said!
DJ Icon (USA) taking over next!
Started to thin out a bit.
Spotted with Lady T: Lissi. Haven't seen Lissi since 2014 at Suite B Lounge in Orlando!
More great music from this San Francisco-based DJ!
I had not seen DJ Ms. Chevious (USA) since 2015 in Daytona. She would come on at 2:30AM but sadly I would miss her set since I needed to get back to Orlando!
Breaks Yo? Breaks WOW!  A good time was had by all!

No comments: