Friday, April 22, 2016

Concert Report: DJ Duke Dumont (The Beacham)

Out on a Thursday night at The Beacham for Duke Dumont!
Lots of surprises for me.  First, perhaps because he had played Orlando as recently as last October, I wasn't expecting that big of a crowd.  But I arrived around 11PM and the place was jammed!
DJ Chino, who we know from Friday nights at The Groove, was opening.  He was his normal talkative self, fortunately to EDM music rather than Hip Hop like at CityWalk.
The large club was still filling up!
Finally at 12:30AM, hosts Chad and Jill from 101.9 Amp Radio (formerly 102JAMZ) introduced the reason everyone was here!
For DJ Duke Dumont (GB).
And he would start strong and loud!  Massive hit "I Got U" early!
Lots of smoke, confetti and lasers in the club!
Second surprise.  The crowd was a lot younger than I expected it would be.
Crowd going crazy for "Need You (100%)".
Final surprise for me was this preconceived notion I had that this would be an EDM show.
No, it was House and really mostly Deep House set, nearly everything with vocals!
Was waiting for current hit "Ocean Drive" but maybe it got played while I was in the loo!

 Hit "Won't Look Back"!

Far exceeded my expectations!  A good time was had by all!

No comments: