Sunday, December 7, 2014

Club Reports: Sound Bar, Bullitt Bar, Independent Bar, Tanqueray's, Suite B Lounge

With their website and Facebook page not updated and their last event titled "Last Dance", I had a real concern that one of my downtown favorites was closed.
And my worries were confirmed.  Sound Bar is no more!
Located in an alley at the rear of a parking lot, there no doubt was little foot traffic.  But I will really miss the incredible House and Deep House DJ's that played here. The place oozed coolness.  This is sad!
Moving next over to Bullitt Bar.
At the rear, finding DJ Nova playing Hip Hop.  Just saw him play on Friday night at The Groove in CityWalk.
Good crowd on hand but most people were watching the FSU game on the televisions.
Mostly a place to chit-chat with friends rather than dance.
He told me that was the first time he had played at The Groove but I reminded him of his "Techno Night" appearance there in 2011, lol.
Ain't a Saturday night without a stop at Independent Bar!
Lighting tech Ernie in the booth with DJ Mickey playing 80's New Wave!
It was pretty crowded down on the dance floor!
Saturdays are a mix of all ages and all walks of life so everyone fits in!
"One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you!"
The group I was with wanted to come here so I did.  Despite having walked by the entrance for years and despite it being named for one of my favorite brands of gin, I had never gone in.
Live band down the stairs playing Hard Rock.
The place has character but as I'm not a "band" person, only stayed about 15 minutes.
Much more at home at Suite B Lounge, Orlando's home to Breakbeats!
DJ Agent K (USA) giving me a friendly Tampa-style greeting!
And taking over the controls around 1am!
The dance floor stayed full!
The crowd was engaged, lol.
You can never go wrong with Go Go girls!
The music a mix of Breaks and Florida Breaks.

Amanda delivering glow sticks and fluffies!
Spotted on the dance floor: DJ Will B. Geebo
A good time was had by all!

No comments: