Tuesday, July 9, 2013

EDM Goes Country?

One of the impressive things about the recent rise of Electronic Dance Music is how rapidly it has spread into so many different sounds that there is something for everybody.  But one sound direction I never would have guessed that it could spread to was Folk Music or American Country music.  Yet Avicii (S) has attempted to pull it off with "Wake Me Up" featuring Aloe Blacc (USA).  And it sounds pretty damn good.


Of course EDM has long-embraced and consumed other sounds.  Anyone remember this song played often at Mannequins that combined Trance with.......Opera?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I will NEVER listen the Country EDM!! like MOST mash ups! LIKE mixing rock into a "club" song!
if I hear a EDM country I will leave the club! and may not be back?
so to all you club owners LISTEN UP!
the REASON we go to clubs is to hear stuff we can dance to! if I wanted to hear country I will go to COWBOYS ORLANDO! get it got it GOOD

KingBob said...

I doubt that there will be a lot of Country EDM.

Anonymous said...

I liked Opera Trance so much I went up to the booth to ask who/what it was. Peapod seemed amused.

OTOH, I knew at least one person who wouldn't stay in the building when it was being played. :)

KingBob said...

LOL. I forget what it was but there was one song played at Mannequins that would force me outside as well!