Sunday, May 5, 2013

Club Report: The Lodge

First time visit ever to The Lodge.  I've had a number of people tell me what a great place this is but in my mind I pictured kind of a frat bar so it just was never high on my list.
But I was way wrong, as DJ Yardian at the controls played a mostly 80's Classics set that also touched on the 70's & 90's.  
I've complained about a lack of theming in most Orlando clubs.  This one does have theming; it feels like you're in a rustic mountain hunting lodge.  (Editor's Note: No animals were harmed to provide this snapshot.)
The place was packed and stayed packed!
No visibly defined dance floor, people were dancing in groups all over the place!
The birthday girl group I was hanging with all night.  Once we got here there was no "moving on"!
Spotted:  I-Bar gurl with friend!

 The music was played in clusters by genre; a Hard Rock set, a New Wave set, a Soul set, etc.
When the entire club sang Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" (1969) loudly in unison, it felt like an inspirational night in Jellyrolls or Howl At The Moon.  A good time was had by all!

No comments: