Thursday, February 21, 2013

Club Report: The Fifth Lounge

I've been to The Fifth several times at night for drinks, but never during the day for a meal.  Today was their very first "Throwback Thursday Lunch".  The third Thursday of every month will feature music from a specific decade, this first one being 70's Disco!
When I've been here at night there has been no DJ or dance floor and I've actually never seen anyone dancing.  The music is typically piped-in from the DJ next door in Vintage Lounge and the venue is for socializing in an upscale setting. Today it had it all:  A new DJ Booth, Dance Floor and.....
what, no dancing?  My timing was horrible with my 11:30am arrival time coinciding with when they first opened the doors.  Consequently, no one was there yet except me!  So I missed all the fun. Besides letting patrons get their "groove on" during the day for a change, the gimmick here is that if you dance to one song completely, you get 50% off your meal & drink tab.  That's certainly an incentive to get up and boogie!  You can find some video from FOX35 here with more details!
TUNE IN TOMORROW MORNING AT 7AM EST (1200 GMT) FOR OUR RUMOR ROUNDUP, A COMPILATION OF DOWNTOWN DISNEY RUMORS FROM SEVERAL SOURCES.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH here we go again about the SOURCES who KNOW!? but when I and others say they heard something from a SOURCE it can not be true! or rumor? I still say my SOURCE is way more trusted! but I will never say who! they could would lose the job they have! you know how Disney is! but I guess that means it can not be true then? just pre-stike because I know what might be said!

KingBob said...

My sources are better than your sources, lol.