Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Studio 54 Disco Reopens Tonight For One Night Only

The famed disco Studio 54 reopens tonight for "One Night Only" and KingBob has been invited by Sirius/XM Satellite Radio to attend! So I'll be flying to NYC this morning to participate in this incredible event. The building at 254 W. 54th Street currently houses a theater but it's been reconfigured to look like the original club including the iconic entry sign. The original doorman will be working the velvet ropes; original DJ's will be playing those famous Disco songs from the late 70's!  Be sure to listen to Studio 54 Radio, Sirius/XM's new Disco channel 15 from 9pm to 1am ET for live coverage. I'll post pictures sometime Wednesday.

6 comments:

71 said...

That sounds amazing, hope you have a blast!

Jerry said...

Good for you. You are going to have a BLAST. I wish I was able to go myself. I do miss that club. There were some real fun times there. (and YES, I miss Mannequins too).

Jerry also said...

Oh, back in the day, you had to dress the part. Not sure what they are doing this time around. And, you had to be "picked" to go in the club. For some patrons, that meant waiting outside all night. I got in quickly, because I was sort of a regular and knew everyone at the front door and inside. Have fun. Let loose.

DJMadManRay said...

Awesome, will be looking forward to your update!

KingBob said...

Hey everyone, thanks for the good wishes. Greetings from NYC. Had a GREAT time last night at 54. Will post pics and give details this evening upon my return to O-Town!

Jerry said...

Can't wait......