Wednesday, March 16, 2011

PI Update: Spring Break on the Island

With sunny cloudless days and temps in the low 80's, what are you Northerners still doing up there in the cold and snow? There's no need to pay steep prices at the beach or go all the way out to Vegas for Spring Break when you can spend it right here on beautiful Pleasure Island!
I'm sure a reggae band will be playing early this evening at the Waterfront Stage. Or maybe even Frankie & The West End Boys or Hip Kitty!
I bet come 10pm this massive club will have DJ's spinning top hits with spring break crowds lined up at the door to experience the fun!
Of course you can stop off at Laffers Cantina for a frosty cold Kungaloosh!
Then do a library show over at the Adventurers Club. Hilarious and so unique that it's not available anywhere else in the entire world.....except here on Pleasure Island!
Yup, Walt Disney had it right. "Get a good idea and stay with it." Good old Walt.

11 comments:

Joe said...

I guess they haven't yet dug up the Walt Disney quote where he said guests are clamoring for more shopping and dining like they can find at their local mall.

Anonymous said...

This is not making me come over from England to spend my holidays!!!

Anonymous said...

..well played good sir ;-)

Brian said...

"get a good idea and stick with it." well I guess they didn't like the way Waly Disney was thinking HUH?

KingBob said...

This is a bad idea they're sticking with and dogging it. Because THEY ARE SURE GOING TO SHOW US!

Anonymous said...

I frankly agree with Walt.
Hopefully those ideas will be in our favor.
Not turning decent nightclubs into shops and resturaunts.
Let's keep up the dogging and hope that our goal gets done.
Yes hopefully we'll show them that what they did was a stupid thing to do.
P.S.
Come on guys Spring Break is coming and of course Summer so that means money being spent around, so reopn the clubs.

Anonymous said...

you know what s funny I haven't seen any more inside pics of the clubs! and never of Mannequins looking out!

zulemara said...

the mannequins garage door has been locked for the last couple months....

KingBob said...

I don't expect to get any more pictures from inside Motion or RRBC.

Adventurers Club still has a few archives on the wall while Soundstage is gutted. Both await their fate.

8TRAX pics can be obtained but I already showed you the inside a few months ago. Nothing has changed except for the assortment of merchandise being stored in there. I did show that contrary to rumors, the downstairs bar is still there and no wall had been opened connecting it to Mannequins.

And as for Mannequins, Zulemara is correct that the side garage/overhead door is locked. I'd love to get some new shots from inside and confirm whether the floor is there or not. But for now, I can't.

Anonymous said...

point! is that you or someone got pics from the inside of the other clubs but can't get pics from MDP! the door is locked and from what I have heard has been from 2008! but i don't believe this! my self because of the ROMOR of the floor issue!
I heard from a friend of a friend (rumor!) (may not be true) so do not quote me on this! but that Disney maintenance was in the elevator working on it! this was in September or just before? and i also heard that they told me about motion and RRBC was going down and it did about the time fame they told!

zulemara said...

MDP garage door has not been locked since closing. It was unlocked for several months beginning Jan 2010 and as far as I know, ending a few months ago.