Friday, February 4, 2011

8TRAX at The Groove!

 
OMG,what a night not to have my camera with me! Every so often I will not bring it with me so that I can just enjoy the entertainment and not constantly worry about the next good shot. Big mistake. GE Health was having a private party in The Groove last night at CityWalk and they had the place to themselves until 11:30pm. And it was a 70's Party all-the-way with 90% of the people wearing 70's disco outfits. I hadn't seen that many white guys with afros since......the 70's! DJ King (RRBC/BET/Motion) was spinning all 70's Disco classics; I spotted the Brady Bunch, the Village People; even the band Kiss. When their party ended and the club opened to all the music switched to classic 80's and many from the first party stayed on. The club was packed and the entrance had a line of people waiting to get in. Everytime a new song came on I was yelling 8TRAX! Oh so fun.....but no camera to share it with you!

I am trying to convince management there to broaden the appeal of their Thursday night 80's Night by adding 70's Disco permanently. 8TRAX was the only Pleasure Island dance club that had crowds of patrons mid-week, let alone being packed on weekends. No one is playing Disco in Orlando and it's the music everyone knows the words to and has fun to!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it was more like 8TRAX, more people would go. And bring back Doc.

Unknown said...

Even if they just played a little disco on Thursday's, they would see an increase in crowds! Come on Universal....If Disney won't do it, step up and take control!! Go City Walk!!! 8Trax always had a decent crowd...whatever night of the week it was! Even if Mannequins was a ghost town, there was always people in 8Trax...

Anonymous said...

no no we need a "Mannequins" like club maybe not as many lights but still come on a place that is BIG I mean mannequins big! or maybe someone else please!

KingBob said...

Well I'd love a Mannequins type club but I think the money is in an 8TRAX type club because the funky Disco format draws all age groups, all races, all walks of life.