Sunday, January 30, 2011

Club Reports: Vintage, Bliss, Suite B, Beacham, Independent Bar

Talk about a Pleasure Island Reunion! DJ Talie from Motion & 8TRAX joined DJ Dominick Morrison from Mannequins in the booth at Vintage last night in downtown Orlando.

I'm pleased to report that bare midriffs are back for 2011 as seen last night at Bliss Ultra Lounge for DJ Cheyenne M's birthday party! The club was jammed listening to House music.

Suite B Lounge was also jammed for House music being played by a series of Tampa-based DJ's.
Even though Tabu is now called The Beacham, the Saturday night format has not changed and DJ Richie Rich still brings in huge crowds for 102Jamz night. A mix of mostly Hip Hop and some Top 40, it's one of the most popular clubs in town. Richie Rich spins House, Dance and Top 40 at House of Blues tonight for Service Industry Night in Lake Buena Vista.
And as you know by now, if I'm downtown on a Saturday night then I'm going to somehow end up at Independent Bar for DJ Indie John's mix of classic 80's Old Wave.
Sonia!
Spotted: DJ Icey at Independent Bar!

7 comments:

Jerry said...

DJ Icey was also at Vixen last night. What a GREAT night it was at Vixen. AWESOME music. Rob, you should have stopped in.

KingBob said...

Jerry, was he spinning at Vixen? Had I known, definitely would have come in since I was RIGHT NEXT DOOR!

Duane & Lyn said...

He was not spinning, just hitting a few downtown clubs.It was great to see him out and about and able to talk to.

Jerry said...

Yeh, not spinning. Just hanging out. But it would have been nice to see you anyway...

KingBob said...

Thanks for the information everyone. I'm hoping he puts on another local concert soon. He'll be performing at Ultra in Miami on March 26th.

Dj Smooth said...

With Icey just walking around club to club in downtown, did anyone recognize him? I met him once at Winter Music about 10 years ago but I'm not sure I'd recognize him if I bumped into him on Church Street one Sat night...

KingBob said...

Can't speak for Vixen but at I-Bar he had a couple people talking to him but no throngs. I would guess most people did not recognize him. Talie had never met Icey so I introduced her and took their pic. (not published)