Monday, September 14, 2009

Mannequins Flashback

In less than 2 weeks it will be the one year anniversary of the closure of Pleasure Island clubs. Blog reporters will be out covering all local events that weekend. Stay tuned for details.

My all-time favorite song played at Mannequins during the years I attended was this song by the Belgian (Flemish) duo Milk Inc. called Walk on Water. DJ Peapod always played the long version; unfortunately this is just the short version below. Classic trance with vocals, it had the build-up which always led to a CO2 spraydown! Long after the song was popular I'd continue to hound him to play it and every once in awhile he'd surprise me and put it on. I don't think this made it to the Final Night roster but it was so crazy in there, maybe it did.

No comments: