Saturday, September 12, 2009
Jay Rasulo now speaking as of 2:15pm ET.
1. Fantasyland at WDW to nearly double in size by 2013. Largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history. WOW, clearly Disney's response to Harry Potter Land at Islands of Adventure! Overview: http://bit.ly/5JMVN
2. Dumbo The Flying Elephant ride to be completely re-imagined. Image shows clowns; carnival style booths ala CityWalk. http://bit.ly/Ka5dP
3. The Little Mermaid will be a new attraction in Fantasyland! http://bit.ly/Zt8bd
4. More princess stories; meet your favorite in their storybook world castle, cottage or chateau. Villains from the films will be incorporated to try to appeal to boys, per the Orlando Sentinel.
5. Star Tours II will be a 3-D version to debut at Disney Hollywood Studios in 2011. Guests will join a high speed pod race! See YouTube video below.
6. Dine in one of three enchanted rooms in The Beast's castle at a restaurant to be called Be Our Guest.
7. Meet Tinker Bell and her friends in the magical world of Pixie Hollow. Mickey's Toontown Fair will be demolished to accomplish this.
END. Nothing about Downtown Disney or Pleasure Island.