Friday, November 14, 2008

HOB Thursday Nights

Made my first Hospitality Industry Night visit to House of Blues yesterday evening to check out Dave Cannalte. Nothing of course can compare to Mannequins itself however this night is a good substitute if you like Dance music.

Advertised as a 10:30pm start, Dave did not get spinning until 11pm because of delays caused by a prior concert running late. And then, despite it being a beautiful warm Orlando evening, I estimate the number of patrons at only about 100. I've heard that prior Thursdays have had 150-200 patrons. So where the heck are all the CM's who used to go to Mannequins on Thursday evenings now going if they're not going to HOB?

But the music was great and the dance floor stayed pretty full from about 11:30pm to 1am. It didn't spin and there was at least 5-6 times when I expected the CO2 was going to spray down and that didn't happen either. But the music was Mannequins-style so it gets a big thumbs up since we're not seeing that anywhere else in Oralndo.

My understanding is that Dave Cannalte at HOB is a 2-month trial run. We need more guests out there if this is going to continue. I don't know how many HOB needs to make it profitable to stay open versus staying dark; presumably they've got nothing going on anyways. But I don't think 100 patrons is enough.

BTW, HOB is still running their Service Industry Night on Sundays at 10:30pm and I understand the place is packed wall-to-wall with DJ Sandy spinning the Dance music. So I'm going to put this back on the options list here on the blog!
Update 11/27/08: Hospitality Industry Night on Thursdays with Dave Cannalte has come to a conclusion and is no longer being offered.

No comments: